MA World Services Public Information Trustee
The role of the MA World Services Public Information Trustee is to:
- Work proactively to inform outside organizations about MA and what we do. Examples include hospitals, jails, counselors, wellness centers, crisis hotlines, treatment centers, and schools. Update such organizations with information about how to reach us, and design and facilitate mass (e)mailings in areas not presently covered by MA districts/regions.
- Respond to inquiries that come from any outside organizations, and answer questions about MA; have an understanding of MA’s Traditions and “position” (no opinion on outside issues), keeping a focus on MA’s primary purpose to carry the message of recovery through the Twelve Steps to the addict who still suffers.
- Explore and develop Public Service Announcements in a variety of formats, including but not limited to:
- Letters addressed directly to outside organizations
- Flyers to post in any publicly visible and appropriate space—bulletin boards, telephone poles, schools, wellness centers, grocery stores
- Radio & Video PSAs
- Press releases in newspapers and magazines
- Social Media websites
- Be a resource for districts, regions, and independent meetings (those outside established districts/regions) that inquire about carrying out PI within their jurisdiction.
- Approximate hours per month required to perform job: 8
For more information on World Services, please read the Service Manual.