MA World Services Hospitals & Institutions Trustee
The role of the MA World Services Hospitals & Institutions Trustee is to:
- Respond to inquiries and requests from hospitals and institutions.
- Explore and develop assorted media to facilitate meetings and districts/regions to carry the message to related facilities.
- Be a resource for districts/regions and independent meetings (those outside established districts/regions) that inquire about carrying out H&I within their jurisdiction.
- Annually review H&I Handbook and make changes if needed.
- Approximate hours per month required to perform job: 6
For more information on World Services, please read the Service Manual.
Starting H&I Panel Meetings
Any MA member, group, region, or district can establish and run H&I panel meetings. Please begin by reading the H&I Handbook here.
Once you have established relationships with one or more facilities that would like to have H&I panel meetings, you may request materials to help you establish and/or maintain meetings. We ask for information about the facilities where you plan to offer meetings, as the H&I Trustee or Office Administrator will contact the facility to validate the literature request.
H&I Panel Meeting Starter Kit
A starter kit contains everything needed to start an H&I panel meeting. To request a kit, please complete the request form below. All information provided will be kept confidential. The H&I panel meeting starter kit can include:
- 2 Life with Hope books (that can be left behind at facilities)
- 2 of each of the following pamphlets (choose desired titles):
- For the Newcomer; A Doctor’s Opinion; Detoxing from Marijuana; Dangers of Cross Addiction; Beginning Meditation; Stories by Teens
- Printed scripts and readings
- H&I Handbook